It has a durable polymer frame construction which makes it particularly lightweight and perfect for concealed carrying as a backup weapon for law enforcement personnel, as well as civilians, for target shooting.
Lugging your Glock 26, or any kind of gun for that matter, inside your waistband sans a holster can be totally uncomfortable and unsafe, to say the least.
A high incidence in accidental firing of guns occurs with this kind of gun-carrying practice. It is best to find a holster that matches your Glock 26 to a T for safe and comfortable carry, and fast and easy draw.
You’re in luck because Glock 26 has a wide array of holsters available in the market with which to choose from. It comes in all shapes, sizes, and methods of carry, like the shoulder, ankle, and inside the waistband (IWB).
The IWB method positions the gun between the body and the waistband of your pants. It comes in four various positions of carry: the conventional strong side, the cross-draw, the appendix carry, and the small of back carry.
Here are some of the top picks in the market you could browse to help you decide which one to buy for your Glock 26.
1. Glock Pro Carry Leather Holster
Every Pro Carry holster is guaranteed double-back stitched at the stress points for utmost durability and reliability.
This super lightweight holster provides a heavy-duty gun-blued metal clip ensuring secure attachment to the belt and affording optimum comfort when standing or sitting.
This right-hand oriented holster (left-hand orientation available upon request) will fit your Glock 26, 27, and 33 snugly while safely shielding the trigger section completely for safety, but leaving the entire stretch of the grip open for an easy and sure grab when drawing.
You won’t get a more fashionable holster within the price range of this unit.
What to like
• Comfortable Design: It features soft leather material, contributing to its comfort when worn for extended periods.
• Sturdy Clip: The product has a durable clip, ensuring it remains securely attached to the user’s clothing or belt.
• Fits Multiple Models: It is compatible with a range of Glock models, enhancing its versatility for different firearms.
Issues to keep in mind:
• Reholstering Difficulty: It collapses after drawing, making reholstering a finicky and often two-handed affair.
• Trigger Area Issue: The trigger guard can catch when inserting the firearm, creating potential safety concerns.
• Retention Feature Lack: It lacks any form of retention capability, relying solely on friction and gravity to keep the firearm in place.
• Short Lifespan: Users report noticeable wear after just 6 months of light use, questioning the product’s longevity.
• Reholstering Challenge: Many users find it virtually impossible to reholster their weapon without removing the holster from their waistband.
• Right-Hand Limitation: Drawing may be awkward for right-handed users due to having to maneuver fingers between the firearm and pants.
2. Galco Summer Comfort Inside Pant Holster for Glock 26, 27, 33
It is made of superior saddle leather and finely finished, thus, it molds easily to the body for extreme comfort with or without an undershirt, according to customer reviews on Amazon and gun forums.
Tough and super lightweight, this Summer Comfort holster provides a snap-on design which makes attaching and detaching from the belt (fits up to 1 ¾” x ¾” belt) easy without need to take the belt off, according to customer reviews on Amazon and gun forums.
It also has a high ride height and forward cant, which makes sitting and riding in a car extremely comfortable, according to reviews on gun forums, websites, and Amazon.
It is truly an impeccably made IWB holster for the Glock 26, 27, and 33 series.
What to like
• Quality Leather Material: Made from premium steerhide, ensuring durability and longevity.
• Adjustable Fit: Supplied with 1 3/4″ belt loops and can be adjusted for comfort following initial tightness.
• Concealment Design: Designed with an open top and butt-forward cant for effective concealment under clothing.
- The mention of “Premium Steerhide” indicates the use of high-quality, durable leather material, which could contribute to the product’s longevity and overall robustness, characteristics typically associated with steerhide leather.
- Several reviews discuss the initial tight fit of the product and the need to loosen it to attain a better fit, potentially indicating the product has the capacity to mold or adjust to achieve a comfortable fit over time. Moreover, the inclusion of “1 3/4″ belt loops” suggests that the product has some level of adjustability to fit different body types and preferences, as belt loop size can influence how a holster fits and wears
Issues to keep in mind:
• Tight initial fit: It arrives with an extremely snug fit, necessitating elaborate break-in methods, such as inserting the gun wrapped in plastic bags, to achieve a workable draw.
• Concealment difficulty: Despite being marketed for concealment, its additional 1/4 inch padding and protruding belt loop buttons cause noticeable printing, making discreet carry challenging.
• Uncomfortable for some: Several users reported discomfort while wearing the holster, with one user opting to sell it within five months due to the issue.
• High ride problem: The holster’s ride height is higher than optimal for short-barreled pistols, causing it to attempt to flip out of the waistband, creating carry instability.
• Rough interior concern: The inside of the holster is made of very rough leather, which may lead to accelerated wear on the firearm over time.
• Limited seasonal use: Despite its name suggesting summer use, its thick profile and noticeable straps make it less suitable for warmer weather when lighter clothing is worn.
3.DTOM Ultimate Tuck IWB (Inside the Waistband) Hybrid Holster
It is made from top quality FoxX leather that outlines the body comfortably, according to customer reviews on gun forums, websites, and Amazon. It has a sturdy .06-inch black Kydex mold securely attached to the leather, especially designed to fit the Glock 26, 27, and 33 pistols.
It features an adjustable ride height and forward cant with two black spring steel clips screwed onto the leather support that fit up to a 1 ¾ “ x ¼ “ belt neatly.
Being lightweight and tuckable, it is rather easy to conceal and feels very comfortable, according to customer reviews on gun forums, websites, and Amazon.
The Hybrids are manufactured by FoxX Holsters with durability, performance, and comfort in mind to last you a lifetime.
For the color, you can either choose black or natural tan.
Tips for buying the best inside the waistband holster for a Glock 26 on the market
Glock 26 has the advantage of being small and compact – making it easy to conceal. Nevertheless, a comfortable and durable IWB would be highest on a gun owner’s list.
Straps vs. clip-ons: Inside the waistband (IWB) concealment holsters are generally secured either through a strap or a metal clip.
A strap takes time to don and take off, but it will completely secure your holster to your hips without fear of it being detached. While a clip-on holster may be most convenient and easy to put on and off, it can also easily fall off after drawing or it is likely to detach if you fall down accidentally.
Custom-made as against manufactured holsters: Most manufactured IWB holsters are made of tough quality materials but remember each gun requires a holster that best matches its size and fit. Holsters rarely come in all belt widths, and this makes choosing the right size a little bit complicated.
You can customize your holster according to your personal preferences and the precise belt width to boot. So if you can find a holster company that can accommodate your request for customization, go for that option.
Using the right belt: Belts are not an integral part of a holster per se, yet they affect much of the holster’s performance: a slightly loose or overly tight belt can make a whale of difference in terms of gun safety and convenience.
Belts are critical in supporting the gun’s weight and provide vertical leverage to the IWB, thereby preventing it from slackening away from your body. They come in widths of 1¼, 1½, and 1¾ inches and are made of genuine leather or synthetic materials.
What to like
• Adjustable Fit: It features adjustable metal belt clips, allowing for varied carry heights and angles, and fits belts up to 1 3/4 inch wide, ensuring a personalized and secure fit.
• High-Quality Materials: Constructed from the highest grade Napa leather, Kydex, and steel metal clips, this product promises durability and comfort for the wearer.
• Good Retention: Despite some mixed feedback, several reviews confirm the product holds the firearm securely, with adjustments and extras included to enhance retention if needed.
• The mention of “adjustable metal belt clips” and compatibility with belts up to “1 3/4 inch” width indicates that this product is intended to be highly adaptable to individual preferences in terms of how high or low the weapon is carried, as well as the angle of draw. This gives wearers the ability to adjust the fit to their comfort, which is crucial for a product that is meant to be worn concealed inside the waistband for extended periods.:
• The product description touts the “highest grade Napa leather, Kydex, and steel metal clips” as primary materials. High-grade materials suggest that the product is intended to be long-lasting and able to sustain frequent use. Napa leather is known for its softness and durability, which is beneficial in a concealed carry holster where comfort against the body is significant. Kydex is a robust and moisture-resistant material, suitable for the structural part of a holster that must
Issues to keep in mind:
• Screws Fall Out: Multiple reviews complained that the screws holding the holster together are prone to loosening and being lost, requiring constant maintenance or replacements, even after applying thread locker.
• Kydex Retention Issues: Users reported that the Kydex part of the holster does not retain the firearm securely over time, leading to situations where the gun could fall out, especially with the Glock 19 Gen 5.
• Clip Design Flawed: The belt clips do not hold onto belts adequately, with instances of the holster coming up with the gun during a draw, or not fitting tightly to some dress belts.
• Trigger Guard Exposed: Several reviewers were concerned that the holster does not cover the trigger completely, increasing the risk of accidental discharge and making some users uneasy.
• Leather Shrinks: The holster’s leather material may shrink, contributing to tension loss on the hardware and affecting weapon retention and screw tightness.
• Holster Remains Bulky: One customer found that the holster appeared very large which can impact concealment and comfort, despite it becoming more molded to the body with use.